I've just returned from a trip to the Interior this weekend and boy am I feeling like it could've been extended by a couple of days...or weeks...or months. With Tyler home from tour for a really short time we're feeling the pressure to make our Summer together as full as any other regular couple's. So far I'd say we've been pretty successful at this challenge. We've spent nights at the beach, nights on the boat, cooked great dinners together at home, brunched with friends, biked all over Vancouver and now completed our second Summer road trip in the Boler. Phewf guys. Summer has not passed us by. *A reminder that it is only the beginning of August.
If you're from BC, you know that in order to get camping spots in the Summer you need to book at least 6 months in advance. To bypass this inconvenient step we usually head to the US when doing spontaneous trip. They're the best kind anyways. This time we decided to head just outside of Tonasket - a little farm town we reached by driving through the Cascades. It's always hot here and there are almost always a few spots to make your home for a few days.
So concludes a much too-short trip of...
- adventure camping
- camp sites next to people with goats.. many goats (no joke) *as mentioned above
- gold dredging- more like watching other people do this
- Lotsa yahtzee
- miracle berries: tabs that cancel out your sour/bitter taste receptors and make the sourest lime taste like candy!
- lots of trader joe's
- Swimming in the bluest water until thunderstorms settled in
- paddling across lakes
- hammocks betweens trees overlooking lakes
- glow in the dark bocce
- finding/loving abandoned kittens
- likely less-than-legal orchard hangs
- my favourite smells - warm pine needles and sage